Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 02:33 AM   #15
phoeg

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8223
I found something disturbing this afternoon. I was looking through the various manuals provided by the previous owner. I discovered that it has a Blue Ox TRUCENTER system on it. That explained the mystery button next to the driver's seat.

However, while looking underneath the rig I saw a cable sleeve (the flexible plastic kind that's slit down the middle) laying...across the driveshaft. I mean, across and on it. The driveshaft was shiny from where it was rubbing. Lifting the wires I found the sleeve had been worn through and the copper wires were exposed. That may have been the wiring to the control panel with the slider. This seems to be a manufacturer's QC blunder, as there were other cable harnesses running through a loop under the floor. It appears that this was probably there since it was new. I took pictures to show the dealer. How that was missed during service is beyond me, as apparently the owner was in constantly to have all manner of things done - even things that weren't issues he wanted tweaked.

I'm not sure a buyer would reasonably be expected to look underneath for such tiny things. I'm sure many RV'ers are well versed in the mechanics, but not everyone may know from driveshafts, and harnesses, and fittings, etc. Oil and fluid leaks? Sure. Bad tires or rotors? Yeah. Wiring harnesses where they should be? I probably wouldn't have noticed it had I not been looking for the other Blue Ox items I have manuals for. It will be interesting to see what the dealer says. They were supposed to look it over end to end.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5197.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	6150   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5210.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	6151  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum