Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 03:32 PM   #4
Larry & Lynn S

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Illinois
THOR #7157
With the slides in on a very hot and humid night, just stopped for some shut eye. A/C running, windows & vents shut, generator running. 2 hours later the CO2 detector went off. Our dog on the floor was lethargic and not responsive. We grabbed him and we went outside for air. I went back inside and opened some windows and reset the alarm. It took 40 minutes before the alarm stayed reset and quit going off. The dog eventually got back to normal. Now this is a 2017 Challenger 37kt. And that scared the hell out us. If that detector didn't go off I would not be making these comments. After we got home I found that there was no tail pipe or was one ever on this unit. I did a complete inspection and spray foamed anything that was questionable. What I found was the worst was at the entry door and the steps. No seal at all!! I took it to the muffler shop and they installed the tail pipe to exhaust next to the engine exhaust. Ran a 4 hr test to prove to my wife it's fixed. All is ok now.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.