Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 02:51 AM   #60
M3NTAL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #8597
2018 Thor AXIS 24.1 and some annoying things...

2 week old 2018 Thor Axis 24.1 driving home as I write this with 1500 miles so far... Where to begin.

1. Entry door is off ever so slightly but enough to get stuck from time to time. There's also some gaps on the sides if you look down and the door frame in some areas are warped. This will have to go to a dealer to get looked at.
2. Bathroom door magnet didn't line up right so it would open while driving. (Fixed by removing the door and raising it half an inch so it properly lines up and stays shut)
3. Loose sofa armrest/cup holder, removed and looked inside to find Doritos bag thrown there. EMPTY! (Tightened and repaired with industrial hardware)
4. Table leg posts did not line up to table itself (Removed mounts and realined)
5. Air conditioner vertical stopper came loose causing air not to bank on one side. (Removed cover and reset with more ducting tape) Works as should now.
6. Front windshield wipers are reversed so driver side stops right in front of eye site during use; instead of all the way to the side like the passenger side. Not sure if I'll takle this myself or have a dealer do it.
7. TV above door mounted crooked. (Removed TV and realined mount)
8. Waste swiveling valve stuck. (Removed/reinstalled and tightened properly)
9. Cabinets mis aligned everywhere. (Fixing them as I go)
10. Cable TV for main cabinet has a bad connection where it starts and not at the TV. Other TV's work perfect. (Assuming the coax is loose where it splits from the connection outside.)
11. Water heater randomly kicks off so I have to go outside to manually turn it on and off.
12. Locks outside have no rhyme or reason some turn left to lock, others turn right. (I'll have to rotate them the proper way when I get home)
13. Random screws that are loose and aren't anchored properly. (But I expected this)
14. Somewhat loose driver and passenger seats but I think this is as designed to mimick haveing springs under butt. (Will verify with other units)
15. Tracks ok but the steering wheel is a little cock-eyed (Getting allignment and a few other items installed to fix this and more.
16.Noticable putty areas under light where whomever was working on the unit made mistakes. But now I'm really being nit picky.

That's it so far... This was a direct customer order so you'd think they would take a little more care than this. I did get an amazing deal so I'm willing to put up with minor inconvienences but this is border line, even in my book. Do I like the unit and it's potential? Absolutely... Once It gets to where it should be.

Bottom line - Thor needs to employ an operations guy that can drop the hammer on people that aren't up to snuff, regardless of talent. Or properly train them with incentives. Heck, I'd move to Indiana for the right monies... Personally, sell 10 units at top quality for the asking price than 20 that are half assed making less then the 10. Make your name known as the one stop shop for quality. Thor needs a hammer for sure.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.