Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 03:13 PM   #38
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve70605 View Post
My 2 cents. For $17,000 difference go for the money. While the selling dealer gives better service than one who did not sell you the motorhome, it is probably not worth $17,000. Remember, the factory warranty is only for 1 year. If the items are noted and Thor notified within the time period they have to honor. Thor will send you any repair parts you need. For $17,000, you can hire your own tech to do the work especially if the parts are free. Or, do the work yourself.
The warranty items may need to be verified and documented by an authorized (Thor) service center before Thor will approve the warranty work.

Thor will not send customers any part needed under warranty. Thor did send me bulb seal to replace but refused to send me a new radio to replace myself. The first replacement radio was also bad so it took another trip for a third radio.

Bottom line is if you go for the money don't complain about the wait for service at a non-selling dealer. You may find yourself waiting service at an independent repair shop or waiting for service while being considered "space available" or "last in line" with buying customers having priority. When I had my Forest River the wait for service at the independent shop was longer than the wit at my selling dealer.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.