Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 08:58 PM   #1
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Sealant info from Thor

I just got off the phone with a Thor warranty rep about a couple of issues with my coach such as the upside down flags, plumbing schematic, out dated owners manual etc...

During the conversation I mentioned possibly having to postpone my shake down cruise because a piece of outside molding was coming loose and it may require immediate attention. The piece of molding covers the screws where the front cap is attached to the vehicle structure.

I was asked to seal the molding so that I could conduct the shakedown cruise and then Thor would have the dealer correct any warranty issues including the molding after the trip.

The Thor rep mentioned that their recommendation for sealants is "GeoCel". Googling GeoCel I found where there are various varieties for adhesion, sealing and by industry such as construction, RV, Trucking etc... I also determined that it is available at various outlets such as Hardware and Paint stores. Although the Thor rep mentioned it is available at home improvement centers when I did a search for "where to buy" my local Lowes and Home Depot were not listed.

As a note, I mentioned to the rep that at the current time, my biggest complaints are their failure to provide adequate documentation about systems (e.g. plumbing schematic, grey tank configurations, AV schematics, Anderson Termination center instructions etc..) and Thor's lack of the use of a vacuum cleaner before installing drawers in the coach.

The most interesting part of the conversation was when she pulled my build sheet to look at my waste tank configuration and the sheet says I have 3 black tanks and no grey water tank. According to the rep, when I take the coach is for warranty work the dealer may have to crawl around to determine what tank configuration was actually installed on my coach.

I guess during my shakedown in about a week, I'll need to closely monitor tank levels because for all I know they installed three 5 gallons buckets rather than an 80 and 2 forty gallon waste tanks.

Thought you might like to know about the sealant.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.