Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 03:51 AM   #24
karwask

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.4
State: Oregon
THOR #4548
seeking to do dry camping in the longer run

thanks Tycreek,

good insight for me just getting started in my Vegas and toad in campgrounds with a group of RV'ing women. in the longer run, really hope to be in more isolated and wilder places with my rig and wonder the capacity it has to do that. was asking about road surfaces and how you judge what you are about to get yourself into prior to getting stuck and wondered if I wouldn't scout ahead in my AWD vehicle first as you suggest you do. would have to get good at hooking and unhooking but seems as if this would be the way to go for me when I get there.

have seen video of RV Geek guys in their over 40 ft rig stuck in sand, another C class in a rut on the road having to be pulled out and more. also hear folks considering conditions in areas where a sudden rain could change the ground surface, being too close to a body of water, etc.
karwask is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.