Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 05:03 AM   #8
Ray.Greenidge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane
State: California
THOR #8558
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Absolutely! The first mod you need is the CHF (cheap handling fix) free, just takes about 1- 1 1/2 hours to do. You'll need 15 and 18 mm sockets, a torque wrench, a scissor or bottle jack, blue loctite, and poly lube for the swaybar bushings. There are videos on YouTube that show what needs to be done but they don't show lubing the swaybar bushings which you might as well do while you're under the coach.

Next mod I would suggest is getting the front end alignment, from the factory it's usually not to good, then add a Safe T Plus steering stabilizer.

From there you can add a rear trackbar and Sumo springs to the front. Biggest bang for the buck is the CHF and Safe T Plus.

On the forum homepage go to Modifications and updates, Jerrys Hurricane mods, and you'll find over 90 pages of ideas for mods on a 29M. The Hurricane and Windsport are identical except paint and trim so these mods will apply to your coach. Lots of 29M owners have contributed ideas to this thread. Let me warn you that reading this thread can cause a SERIOUS dent in your wallet!!!

Is your coach 30 amp or 50 amp with dual AC? I know from experience how hot it gets in 29 Palms.

P.S. add your coach information under your avatar or on a signature line so people will know what you have when you ask questions.
Thks; will take all in consideration. After I get on the road with some long trips I'm sure I'll have a better knowledge of what I need.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.