Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 12:29 AM   #9
lp1957

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35C
State: Texas
THOR #8449
Quote:
Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
just got back from a 6000 mile white knuckler around the country.

been studying what folks have to say about the subject. my research suggests that the folks that have this issue do a front end alignment, weigh the coach loaded, make sure the tires are properly inflated, do the chf, and do a steering stabilizer. i will do all the above before my next trip.

here's my question for those that might be kind enough to respond: my unscientific survey says about 70% do the safe-t-plus product, about 25% do the roadmaster, the remainder doing other products or suggesting i leave the rig alone and learn how to drive it. why are so many people spending about $200 more to get the safe-t-plus rather than the roadmaster product?

thanks in advance for your response.
Here's how I addressed the driveability problem;1) set tire pressures 2) alignment on loaded RV 3) CHF 4) steering stabilizer 5) rear trac bar. All helped some. Most noticed improvement was after trac bar install. No more white knuckles from minor side wind or pushed off road by big rigs. Also benefit from increasing experience behind wheel in various driving conditions.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.