Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 01:46 AM   #10
Wrpt58

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #8249
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Learn to drive the mh. No this is not a good answer. Most mh need some kind of suspension upgrades.

This is what I did.
STP Dealer installed it as part of the deal. They picked it not me
Front alignment $140
CHF front and rear Free
4 tire weight. $12 at local truck scales THis has changed because we keep
adding stuff to the mh
Rear track bar $450
Sumo Springs front only $450

For me the rear track bar was the best mod in handling.

I dont really know what the sumos will do. Just added them and I cant drive the mh for a few months. So Ill report more on them later.

To answer your question STP or roadmaster. I think its buyers choice. Like Dave said basically the same thing with the STP spring being encased for protection. STP has good marketing and a good following so they sell a lot of them.

Do one thing at a time, drive the mh, and see if you like the mod. You can spend a lot of money on this. For me the safety of me and the wife is worth the $1000+ that I did spend.

Jerry
I have to agree with Jerry and the others. Yes, Driving a Class A is much different than a car or pickup, but it should not be hard to do.
After working hard to steer my Hurricane for the 3.5 hour drive from Lompoc to Lancaster, I finally thought I was going to pull the trigger on a new Helwig set of swaybars. However, after measuring the Ford diameters, I found they were the same OD as the heavy duty Helwigs were advertised as. At the same time, I found the passenger side of the rear swaybar axle anchor saddle bent back and not holding the Swaybar at all!!!
No wonder I had been fighting it for the drive back.

Bought new saddle, installed it, and performed the CHF on the Rear only. I didn't like the angle of the endlinks on the Front and the front crossmember was in the way of doing anything quick. I figure to make some brackets to do this later.

Other than that, no major suspension mods, just an alignment and lowered the tire pressure to 82 psi. Rides good so far, but some (not all) trucks push me a little when passing. Got it weighed on the last trip at a Flying J, but don't have the numbers right now, just remember it was total of around 17300. Just front and rear axle numbers, not each corner.
Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum