Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Electric Bikes?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 03:02 AM   #34
petew

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I've been thinking about them for a while now. We don't tow a car, and are "weekend warriors" with the RV, so ebikes would open up a lot of versatility...running into town and such that's just a bit too far for us on standard bikes, where currently we drive the RV or don't go.
but with three kids
I'd almost need to buy 5 of them...$$$$$

and the previously mentioned weight.... I have a 5 place rack but I doubt it would hold them safely

The other things I don't think have been mentioned here, that concern me are

weather resistance
and
theft
The nice people at Rad Power told me that I "could ride the bike in a hurricane" if i so desired . They did say not to submerge the rear hub in water since it contains the electric motor.
As for theft I bought 2 Kryptonite chain locks from Amazon and they come with holders that enable them to be stored on the bikes when not in use.
Amazon also supplied ( for $15.00 each ) 2 waterproof covers for the bikes. One will cover both bikes when folded and strapped to the transport platform .
When parked at the campsite they will each have a cover.

Kev , I faced the same issue of too many electric bikes to choose from. I asked the crew over at irv2 and got some good reviews regarding the Rad Power bikes.

Further investigation revealed that they were powered by 750 watt motors and 48 volt batteries.
The price point @ $1,499 each was about where I wanted to be and they have a special going that saved me $200.00 ($100.00 per bike) for buying 2 , shipping was free.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum