Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 09:33 AM   #1971
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrpt58 View Post
No, I haven't even considered that there may be something to buy to accomplish the rolling battery tray. I probably should look about that first��
I've looked at the sliding battery tray idea several times and these are my observations.

The battery door is very narrow, any tray would need to have very thin side walls to clear the door.

The sliding mechanism would have to be supported from the bottom due to the lack of clearance on the sides of the doors. To support the weight of the batteries and be stable while traveling the tray would need a locking mechanism to prevent movement. The Hillman rollers are a great idea but very expensive, something similar but less expensive would work since they would be on the bottom.

Longer battery cables would be needed to allow movement of the tray to the outside of the coach. The battery cables would probably have to be custom made due to the length needed for movement. Custom cables would probably be the easiest part because they could be made from welding cable with lugs soldered on.

I'm sure this is a doable project, just going to need to think out the bottom sliding mechanism a little more.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum