Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: To cover or not
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #14
pmandart

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: New York
THOR #6597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenb2560 View Post
I chose to cover my previous MH, only to have the finish damaged by thousands of tiny scratches in the finish over a three year period in South Florida. I bought very nice top grade covers each time, but they usually on lasted about two years in the intense sun, heat and rain that we have here. Then the fine scratches would allow mold and dirt to get a foothold and I would have to work harder at washing etc. I always washed and waxed my rig befor covering it. It all just became a pain to me, we used our MH often so I was always covering and uncovering it.

With our new ACE, I decided to go with a permanent RV port and I'm quite glad that I did. It sets next to my house protected form the sun and rain. I can go out and work on it anytime I want and not have to uncover it. I can hop in and take it for a drive and keep a better eye on things.

The RV port cost was reasonable (3,800.00) verses a paid storage facility or the hassles of covering each time.

The company that I chose was able to meet or exceed Florida and my strict County building codes.

I do realize that many people do not have the room or building codes to allow them to build this type of cover, I was lucky to be able to.

There are many who have built awesome RV garages too, I just couldn't justify that expense at this point, maybe some day if I move up to a bigger coach[emoji4]

Steven B

S/W Florida

2017 ACE 30.3

Very nice cover Steve. What company did you get it from? I would like to get something like that for our 35M. (37'). We live in northern NY and get 10-12 ft of snow each winter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum