Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 01:02 PM   #34
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in AZ View Post
......cut.......

But I am not sure what yo do re the refrigerator. Have no special outlets at my house, just standard outdoor receptacles on GFI. I understand the residential fridge on the Challenger requires at least several hours to cool down.

......cut......

Mike, you "might" have a problem connecting to a GFI regardless of load. It seems to affect some motorhomes and not others.

I've never had much luck connecting any RV (owned or rented) to a GFI on front driveway, but never had an issue with same RVs plugged into standard house outlet without GFI. When I researched my problem I found it happens often, so no need to panic. If GFI trips try another outlet first if possible before giving up.

By the way, if you have a residential fridge, don't you also have an inverter and large battery bank? If so, can't you run fridge from batteries overnight assuming batteries are fully charged?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.