Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 02:36 PM   #32
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
Just got new Axis 25.5 last week. Its been connected to 30 amp shore power since we brought it home. Noticed an 'acid' smell near door, so checked in battery compartment under steps. Both batteries in there (assuming 1 is coach battery and other is chassis battery) were warm and wet around the cell caps. Looking in the cells, saw no fluid, only tops of the cell plates, looking dry. I've seen car batteries boil their acid when over-charged and I'm thinking that's what's happening here. So, is there some setting that I've got wrong that might cause this? Called dealer and they said to bring it in but, if I can, I'd like to avoid that 85 mile round trip, if only problem I've got is something not set right. Thanks!

PS: At this point, I've filled all the cells with distilled water and disconnected shore power. Hoping to get an answer here.
The converter/charger in the Axis is not the best piece of equipment. I have had two (2014 Vegas and 2016 Axis) and neither worked correctly. They would not go into float mode so they overcharged the batteries and they would not charge the batteries st the full 14.1v when they were really down. I finally replaced the one in my Axis with a Progressive Dynamics and it works much better.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.