Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 08:36 PM   #9
Larry & Lynn S

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Illinois
THOR #7157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Lynn S View Post
We have a 2017 Challenger and typically the Xantrex reads 13.4 or higher. But I have to ask you was the fridge/freezer door tied shut? It only takes a small gap at the seal to reduce the cooling temps. My cousins residential fridge/freezer had this issue on his first couple trips. He thought it was his inverter or batteries too. He secured the doors and never had a problem again.

Also as a retired electrician I ran a amperage test and the highest current reading was 7.1 amps. The name plate was 7.2 full load, the test was done with the Xantrex 1800 watt inverter voltage at 13.4
If the voltage drops the amps will go up. This will draw the battery down quicker as well. Our longest drive was 10 1/2 hrs and our unit was holding temps with moderate outside temps. Might of been different if outside temps was higher. When on shore power you charge at a trickle rate. Run the generator and it will charge it faster.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum