Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 02:44 AM   #1
phoeg

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8223
I think I drained the batteries

Let me first say that I am a first-time RV owner (2016 Thor Hurricane 34F), and I'm learning how steep the RV ownership learning curve is. Anything that follows I fully realize are likely dumb questions and I fully admit to likely making a dumb, newbie mistake.

We've had the RV parked in the driveway less than two weeks. I go out tonight and no lights come on inside. (Note: the engine starts and driving lights work. Just not in the rest of the coach.) As it's been hot here we've kept the shades down so I may have left the lights on and drained the...oh, geez, what do you call the batteries that aren't for the engine? (I told you, I'm climbing the steep learning curve.) Anyway, the generator won't start with the engine running or not. There's no other power. I pushed a button on the monitor panel and I got a few dim LEDs then they went out.

To charge the batteries wired in parallel, do I have to disconnect them from each other and/or the entire RV?

I have to get it running so that I can get the slide in and the jacks up so I can take it to the dealer Saturday for the windshield they're replacing (part of the purchase) as well as fixing some other things.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum