Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 09:37 AM   #1989
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrpt58 View Post
I really like the simple ones that make a difference for the wife, like the undercounter water filter, the pull chain bathroom vent switch, the freshwater accumulator (however, I'm thinking to use a 4 gal size), etc.

BTW, has anyone thought of adding a hose bib to the RV water line, yet? Or Compressed Air tanks for tires,etc, instead of carrying the 6 gal air compressor like I do?

Recie
Just a bunch of guys messing around because they enjoy it . While I think a four gallon tank is good it's probably a bit of overkill, probably the bigger I would go is two gallons. Because of the pump flow limitations a bigger tank will probably cause the same problems as no tank, a rising and falling pressure at the faucet between pump cycles.

There isn't really a good place to mount a hose bib and tie in to the water pump, if you find a good place let us know. I have used the outside shower to to fill a bucket to wash the windshield but I don't keep my water tank full so have to be careful about usage. I normally hook up a dual outlet on the campground faucet with one side for the coach and the other for a second hose.

Not sure carrying an air tank is practical, tires take a lot of air and would run the tank down quickly with no way to replenish it. There are several alternatives to a large compressor. This one is what I carry because it's fairly compact and puts out 150 psi. https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-...air+compressor

Good luck with your mods, if you have questions just ask, lots of nice people here to help. We've probably already made the boo boo so might keep you from making the same one!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum