Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 09:41 PM   #1
Budman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2014 Hurricane 34E
State: Alabama
THOR #6181
Tandem tow dolly car/motorcycle

Any interest in a tandem tow dolly? I found this in Cincinnati and now do not think I can use it. I have a bad back and neck and believe putting a car on and tying car down would get me down. The previous owner bought this unit and towed it to FL and back once. But soon passed. Wife let sit a couple or 3 years before listing on Craigslist. It does look like it started life as a Master Tow dolly but was given the front platform. Whoever did the job it appears professionally designed and welded. I cannot find any numbers on it and previous owner lost all paperwork. I received bill of sale only. I have never tagged in AL as it is not required for tow dollies.
I stripped it down and painted the white w 1 quart Rustoleum paint and then 1.5 quarts white. I did use a brush but it leveled out nicely. I also completely replaced bearings/seals with new car tie down straps. I also installed a new break away battery and box. The brakes work great and so does break away. I replaced all bolts to hold deck plate to frame with stainless steel bolts, built the front to hold loading ramp as rock guard, and added 6 very strong tie downs eye bolts from Tractor Supply. All lights work (7 way round plug) and tires are in good shape. I have not looked lately but they did not have any cracks or dry rotting that I could see.
This thing looks great and I have no issue with build or shape it’s in but just my health. I need to get $3000 firm. This is located in south west Birmingham (Hoover). It would have to be picked up here or we’ll work a deal for a reasonable amount and I can maybe meet someone somewhere.
Please contact me with and questions. Thx, Dennis.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1001.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	6294   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1003.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	6295  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1004.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	6296   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1005.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	6297  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.