Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 08:05 PM   #1
BrianA.C.E

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #4139
ACE lost engine power and Died

I have an ACE 30.2 and last week i was traveling on I-10 westbound and had just crossed into Alabama from Florida when it lost power and slowed to a stop on side of I-10. No check engine light at all, i restarted it and it would not idle and died again. i grabbed my code reader and the only codes it had was P-0171 and P-0174 Lean bank one and two. I cleared the codes and tried to start again and it died again with the same two codes. I done what checks i could do in the rain on the side of the interstate and could not find any thing wrong, so i called roadside assistance "thank God i had it" and 6 hrs later a truck shows up " he was busy towing a 40ft DP off Interstate" Truck tows me into Ford dealer in Daphne Alabama. After 7 days at dealer they finally get around to looking into my vehicle and find the MAF Mass Airflow Sensor had gone bad. So V-10 owners put this in your memory bank so if your Rig ever acts like this maybe you can get back on the road yourself without waiting a week and paying for a tow.

Good Luck
JEEP JKU
BrianA.C.E is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.