Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 09:54 PM   #31
Bduck100

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #3395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace30.2 View Post
I have contacted LCI multiple times about my slide issue. All they do is blame Thor. They say the schwintek design works great but if you tear apart the system and have any idea how gears and torque work you will see that it is designed to fail. I've said multiple times on this and other forums you can't have a hexagon rod go through a round hole with nothing to stop it from jumping around. Sure it will work at the beginning or after you replace everything but it will fail again. I have pictures to prove it will fail again. This is after 4 cycles of using the slide. Notice the bearing block is showing signs of failing. Attachment 6270
Ace30.2
Did you get a chance to get the measurements on alterations you made to the schwinteck slide mechanism. I am interested in having this done. As I said I have a full body slide on a 2014 33sw super C. If you can make the parts I will gladly pay for them and have them installed in Richmond. Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.