Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 10:18 PM   #7
Michelle M

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #8759
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpmickey View Post
Hi,

We took our brand new 2017 ACE out for the first time this last weekend and thought I would share our Griswold moment. We parked and got setup, put out the awning and went to turn on the awning LED's and its not working. We tested them before and all was fine so what could be wrong. We're turning the light switch on and off, checking for loose wiring and getting a little annoyed that it broke already when all of a sudden they come on by themselves? Confused, I asked my wife if she did anything and she said that she just was lowering the drop down bed. After a little investigation we learned that they wired the LED's through the drop down bed keyed switch and when that switch is locked the lights won't work. So now we know! But it reminded me of the Christmas lights scene in National Lampoons Christmas vacation!

Excited to be a new Thor owner and great to see there is a community here to help us out should we need it.
Thanks SO much for this post! We just bought our new 2017 ACE 30.4 on Wednesday, and the LEDs worked fine during the walk-thru. But when we tried them that night at home - nada. We finally called Camping World - they suggested it could be a GFI breaker (nope!). So when we saw this post we tried turning the key on the bad - and it worked!! Nice, very nice!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.