Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 05:59 AM   #57
Wrpt58

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #8249
Discussing Toads, I researched what to get just recently, and Motorhome Magazine publishes a list of vehicles you can flat tow every year. If you look at the 2016 and 2017 lists, there are fewer and fewer. No Suzuki, Kia, at all.
I wound up buying a 2015 Nissan Versa Note HatchBack, manual tranny, bare bones vehicle. Has pretty good cargo and personnel room, just not the ground clearance we really wanted. It is on the list. It's curb weight is only around 2500 lbs, so the V10 in my RV won't know it's there, either pulling or braking.
As others have said, we need a Towbar and baseplates for the Toads. Blue Ox and RoadMaster are a couple of companies, and you can spend as much as you feel you want. The minimal ones for the nissan are around $325 for a basic towbar and around $550 for the baseplates, then add installation costs.
Hope this helps.
Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum