Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #11
Papafoos

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut214 View Post
Last let me say that no matter how much anyone trashes Thor I encourage you to take a look at other forums for other makes and models including those in the $250,000 range and you will see many of the same issues we have with ours.
Nailed it!

Two of my brothers warned me about maintenance. One has a Newmar and the other a Newell. The Newell is an extremely high dollar rv and goes to the shop almost every time he returns from a trip. It seems there is always a bell ringing or a whistle blowing. It was fine when it was still under warranty, but once it went out he was on his own.

In my case, the Jensen jrt212 radio is a piece of junk. It overheats and is useless. I'm currently in an email discussion with ASA electronics but so far they answer my email questions with another question. It's been over a week and they haven't answered my last email.

As for Thor, I was checking on a dead receptacle and discovered they don't use boxes for the outlets. The just screw the outlet to the wall. But the real kicker is the hole they cut. I suspect they used a pocket knife. I could have made a cleaner cut with my fist. Come to think of it, that may have been what they used.

Don't let any of this deter you from any particular brand. We still have a blast but we've accepted the fact that all the rv manufacturers operate the same way. Find one you like and hold the dealer's feet to the fire as long as you can.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum