Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 05:31 PM   #15
Hittntherooad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut214 View Post
Your really asking for it and your going to probably get some very wide ranging views. At least one of us thinks they're crap.
I'm also on my second Thor. First one was a class C with no slideout. Perhaps if it would have had a slide I would have kept it but it was just too cramped. I am quite happy with my 30.1 with the V-10. I've towed with it several times and while it's no diesel pusher I don't need to drive 70 uphill too. I've had several problems with mine but being quite mechanically inclined have been able to make necessary repairs. A lot of what you need is to know where everything is, how it works, and MAKE NOTE OF IT!
Your breakers for example, they will show you where the ones are inside and maybe even the fuses but as I found out the hard way there are more that are hidden around the coach. They give you instructions on what to do in an emergency if your slide gets stuck but don't bother to tell you where the controller is. Odds are if you ask they won't know either but make them find it for you. Don't do as someone on here recently said and be pressed for time when you pick up your coach. I think everyone should allow 2 full days. If something doesn't work don't take it until it does. Once you drive off, warranty or not, your on your own to now take it back. Last let me say that no matter how much anyone trashes Thor I encourage you to take a look at other forums for other makes and models including those in the $250,000 range and you will see many of the same issues we have with ours. I wish you the best on whatever make/model you choose. We have had great fun with ours and hope you do to.
Very well said! We too love our 30.1. I too am mechanically inclined and have located every access panel and system on the coach. I like knowing where things are before I have a problem. I bought some spare stuff to keep on the rv based on reading threads on here. Spare water pump, spark plug, oil and fuel pump for the generator etc. I agree there should be a drawing given to owners of the fuses and breakers locations and what they do. I see a lot of problems on here just because a fuse blew or breaker tripped.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum