Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 12:41 AM   #35
petew

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
That's why it is so expensive. They won't just sell you the defective slide. Doesn't give me a warm feeling for a company that builds a defective part that can lock you inside - a giant safety hazard - and then charge $140 to replace it. The people who have had problems should report them to the NTSB who is the only one who can get the company to replace all of their defective door latches before someone gets hurt.
I agree with you 100 % but at this point I am only interested in making a potentially dangerous or even deadly situation safe.
It's $140.00 plus extra keys (originals will no longer work ) and shipping costs .
They should give me the parts for free and be thankful that I am willing to provide the labor.
I imagine if this involved a current production car then there would be a recall .
I will feel much better with the new parts installed no matter the cost.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.