Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 01:41 PM   #55
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamperjan View Post
My lock is terrible on my Thor chateau. Have to shove my shoulder in to get it to lock. The rectangular throw seems to not line up into the slot. Dealer said it was good that it's so hard to shut because that means it's sealing well. I think it's a design flaw.

But it's pretty easy to fix this so that it works better. You can adjust the position of the lock on the door or since I agree with the dealer that a tightly closed door is better (rattles less) you can file a slight bevel on the edge of the bolt so that it starts into the strike plate more readily and then pulls he door tight. I still have to push my door in while locking it but not nearly so much as before. Don't know how old your coach is but it also seems to be getting easier with time, perhaps as the seals compress.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.