Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 07:17 PM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
Motorhomes always can supply surprises.

When I upgraded my batteries on my ACE 30.1, I also installed a battery disconnect switch to provide positive power shut off... or so I thought.

......cut.....
One possibility may be that your switch is not opening the circuit completely for some unknown reason, and is allowing enough current to pass to power the lights you saw.

I would rule that out first. I'd replicate the condition you described above in initial post and then I'd disconnect the battery ground cable right at the battery terminal. If lights go off, your switch isn't working as intended.

If interior lights stay on even with house battery "physically" disconnected at battery post, then I'd start to see how chassis battery is powering the lights.

And for initial simplicity, I'd make sure shore power is not connected and generator is not running. Assuming you don't have solar, that would leave the chassis battery as only source of electricity.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum