Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Owner check in
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 03:54 AM   #19
GeorgiaHybrid

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Nice, I really looked hard at getting a MDT or even a HDT. But the wife wanted something new and something that she would feel comfortable driving if she needed to.

And welcome to the new board. Glad to see that you crossed over.
I understand the new part but the truck I picked up last year was a 2012 with 12,000 miles on it. For about $40,000 off a new one, I lived with a very slightly used truck....

This one is easy to drive with an Alison 4000 6 speed auto tranny. My wife is starting to get used to driving it while towing but she is still nervous about it. Then again, she didn't like driving the F350 either....

I would have bought a HDT but she didn't want a "big" truck and this one fits in the garage. I do hope to wind up with a nice HDT truck someday that will be custom ordered with a custom bed and smart car. Once you get used to these rigs, it's hard to go back to a dually.

I still have my F350 as a backup and to use hauling other loads around for the house and family but it just doesn't have the pull this rig does. 1650 ft-lbs of torque goes a long way pulling long grades.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.