Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
Porkchop

Brand: DRV
Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
I have done this on 2 different mobile suites. It's a fairly simple straight forward process.
I removed the carpet, pad and about 2 million staples myself and paid a tile setter to install the new tile. I believe the labor cost was in the 2 hundred $ area, but may have been slightly higher. We chose a tile with grouted lines and were more than happy with the wear factor. Had no problems with the slides going over it.
Did not remove the carpet in the slides. Could not figure out a good way to hide the transition joint between slide and floor, so just left it. Was happy with the appearance of finished product. Had to balance the furniture on top of each other to allow access to entire floor but figured that was easier than taking them out. Your floor plan will dictate how you have to do this.
We went with a different tile than the factory used because I could see matching problems because of aging, sun exposure and wear. The installer went right over the old tiles and used a floor leveling product at the transition and you could not tell. That was going from a sheet product to where carpet had been. Your individual flooring may be different and require another approach, but we were very happy with the new look> It seemed to make the room look larger.
I would do it again if faced with the challenge. Good luck

Bill

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum