Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 05:05 PM   #14
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Food for thought

Just think about it:

How many times have you placed blame on Thor when in all actuality the problem is with the supplier of materials.

For example, my 2015 Challenger has condensation built up in the parking lights. This condition did not develop until after the rig was in my driveway for 2 weeks. Should Thor QC have found the problem? Should the dealer have found the problem? Should I have found the problem during the PDI? The answer is no to all three because the problem didn't exist when I bought the unit. Did Thor, the dealer or myself manufacture the lights with inferior seals, no we did not.

Another example is a fire extinguisher recall. Did Thor knowingly installed a recalled fire extinguisher in my coach? I doubt they did because Kiddie did not publicly announce the recall. They announced the recall to retail outlets that bought the products then relied on those retailers to notify customers they have a defective unit.

As I told Thor, the use of a shop vac before installing drawers would go a long way; but news flash, I had the same issue with my previous Forest River.

Also, and this is going to be a slap in the face to most folks; you are not a customer of Thor. The customer is the dealer which purchased the unit from Thor for the purpose of reselling it. If you want proof of this just look at Thor's annual report filed with the SEC. Their largest customer and greatest risk to declining sales is the parent company to the Jiffy Lube of the RV world; Camping World. In the case of my unit, Thor built it and did their quality inspection. The unit was driven 850 miles from Thor's plant to the dealer. It is the dealer that should have checked the unit over before selling it to me and it is me that should have demanded that during the PDI the unit be fully connected so all systems could be thoroughly checked.

Thor is a stock company and their primary purpose is to keep stockholders happy. If you want to deal with a private company whose primary purpose is to make you happy drop the 500 to 1 mil for a custom coach that can take 3 to 4 months for the simplest repair.

As to going to a towable; good luck with that move. In December I talked to someone in a new (2015) 5er that had been sitting in a camp ground with a busted spring for 3 days. A friend of ours has a travel trailer and she is constantly repairing something or another.

Quite frankly, so far I am relatively pleased with the quality I see in my coach for its price point. I will add however, that my unit left Thor's plant as a "show unit" so there may have been some additional oversight.

Again, just food for thought.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum