Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #5
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
You know what we really need is for someone to invent a fridge that works with propane.... I mean we are hauling around this big tank of the stuff that barely gets used and that could be great! I'll bet you could run a month with it!

Seriously, I only have experience with absorption fridges in RV's, but it seems to me that big variables that would affect this issue are
prechilling the fridge before going on battery
and making sure the fridge is FULL of stuff for the greatest thermal mass possible. Fill the fridge and freezer with as much water bottles as possible to fill any air spaces.

The other thing that I guess would just be luck of the draw, is that I'm assuming these are frost free fridges. I have no idea if newer frost free fridges are the same, but it used to be that they had a simple mechanical timer that would periodically kick on a heating element. As far as I ever knew there was no way to know when that would kick on and no practical way to override it except unplug the element. Maybe these fridges are different, but personally, if I were in your shoes I would look into how these newer fridges operate and possibly disable the frost free system.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.