RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 12:05 AM   #4
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
My closest Thor Motor Coach dealer is 140 mile south from my previous location but a Jayco dealer was 21 miles away. When my battery charging solenoid failed after 8 months, I e-mailed Thor MC for advice. The Thor answer, "take it to the Jayco dealer have then trouble-shoot, send a report with estimated hours to fix and dealer's hourly rate and if approved, I send you a replacement solenoid." I paid for 1.5 hours of trouble shooting (@$90/hr). I e-mailed the info to Thor MC. Five days later the new solenoid arrived in a a self-addressed UPS label. I took the coach back in to the very good Jayco dealer (Youngblood's RV in Mayfield, KY) and had the new solenoid installed (30 minutes labor). I boxed up the bad solenoid and shipped it off the Thor MC with the second bill which I had paid. A month later a check from Thor MC arrived for $180. The total cost to me was five hours of my time and 6 gallons of gas.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.