RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 08:21 PM   #6
Jirka

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: California
THOR #7103
RE: extended warranties . . . my first reaction was, “if the original (one-year) warranty doesn’t work, why would an extended warranty work any better?” When we got our previous RV (our first ever) we got the extended warranty. Soon after our purchase, I looked at the terms of the extended warranty and concluded it would have been near impossible to implement it. Thankfully, we never had to test my theory; we had that RV nine years. When we bought our Vegas, we adamantly refused to purchase the extended warranty even though the “finance guy” kept coming back and his final offer was “a ridiculously low price.” LOL We know we can put that money to better use for something else. We are pretty self-sufficient people and we like being “Do-It-Yourselfers” being self-insured is one of those things we do. I hope that if you chose to purchase an extended warranty you find value in it.

Nonetheless, we want to get full value; when the warranty should cover an item we generally pursue that route. So we will be sending the battery disconnect in to try and get reimbursed.

On that note, I thought I would share where we found the solenoid/battery disconnect on our 25.3 since I had not seen that defined in any of the posts I researched here. It is behind the control panel (see pictures attached)

The posts I did find here re: the solenoid/battery disconnect were very helpful. Using the multi-meter, we tested the use/store switch first; it was fine. When we found the solenoid, we tested the fuse and finally the solenoid itself. If I had looked more closely at the paperwork from the dealer in April our search for the solenoid would have been easier. It clearly states they, “Unscrewed distribution panel, took off nuts holding live wires, unscrewed the failed disconnect silinoid where it’s mounted. Installed new disconnect silinoid and tested for proper function.”

It took some brain power to figure out exactly what it was we were looking for . . . I knew what it looked like, and knew to look for Intellitec, but what is the correct part number? Where do I get it? Maybe I can save a few steps for others.

We got the Intellitec Battery Disconnect Relay 01-00055-000 from Pacific RV Parts PRVParts.com for a reasonable price. I did not realize they are so close to us; we had the part the next day. Part of my education on solenoids included:
1) This forum “What Charges the House & Chassis Batteries When” and “Battery disconnect solenoid”
2) A YouTube video “What is a latching relay in an RV battery?”
3) PPLmotorhomes website (they also sell the part)
4) Amazon question/answer section (they also sell the part), and
5) The Intellitec website – downloaded the service manual

RE: the audio for the camera . . . not a do or die issue but I wanted to explore the possibilities. We do have FRS radios, but have never used them much. Maybe we will start. :-/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170808_093720459a.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	6496   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170807_172806912_HDR.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	6497  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.