Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 09:49 PM   #15
airforceret

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
WAIT just a doggone minute!.....

you are complaining that you read about the weights in a brochure before you purchased the coach? if so, why did you buy the coach if the sticker on the coach showed different numbers?

if you DIDN'T look at a brochure BEFORE you purchased the coach, then why are you complaining NOW? The coach has a sticker that CLEARLY states it's weights.

You are arguing a point that you are now 'wronged' somehow, yet neither instance would produce that outcome. Using information 'after the fact' makes no sense in this scenario.

it's like signing a contract and then complaining later that you didn't read the fine print, and it therefore shouldn't apply to you.

sorry for the rant, but it annoys me when someone is always 'blaming' someone else, especially a large corporation, about something that they assumed, and did did not choose to check themselves before they did the deal.... if it was as really that important to them as it is now.
Then let me make it clear. We researched DEALERS (all E450, the product literature and/or website quoted the GVW and GCVW and in some cases specifically E450, and the factory rep I spoke with at the RV show validated the GVW and GCVW, of the specific model I ordered Four Winds 26B. When we took delivery we did check out the unit but did not notice the little badge on the fender said E350 instead of E450 since they are nearly identical and who would have ever imagined they would switch our order to a lesser product. It's not like i ordered a Ford and it showed up on a Chevy. I didnt notice right away either as we had enough other issues to deal with. NO DEALER SUPPORT and NO FACTORY SUPPORT. I don't necessarily have a long lifetime ahead of me so giving it back and being without for god knows how long isn't an option I will settle for. I invested my life savings in a product a did year's worth of research on. Had Thor or the DEALER either one contacted me and said hey we are changing this model to an E350 for 2018 do you still want it i would have said NO. But NOBODY made any contact with me about. Hence my attitude that I will reiterate #ThorLacksIntegrity. This deal was slid on the table and YES I MISSED IT. I"M SCREWED. Neither Thor or the DEALER want's to have anything to do with this because they know they screwed me and unless I take legal action they have simply blown me off. Well being a veteran I take their actions as a manufacturer seriously and their lack of action speaks volumes in my opinion as to how pathetic their management is towards buyers in general. I call them, I email them. I'm not rude or belligerent. I've not asked for anything outrageous from them. And trust me anyone buying a 26B on an E350 will be overloaded on the road because it's heavy to start with and when you add 2 adults, a small dog, a tank a water, and minimal weekend supplies it weights in at 12,400 lbs and I travel extremely light compared to most. No toolbox, no wood tire blocks, etc. In fact my big storage compartment is nearly empty except for a water hose, 2 life vests, a road flare kit, and two old fashioned aluminum lawn chairs.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum