Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Awning broken
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 03:07 PM   #13
BradnKaren

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick kirby View Post
Damn, now I get to worry about an awning too ?
We've had some pretty good rains when I had my 5th wheel and had the awning sloped pretty good for run off and never had an issue.
These new types scare the heck out of me. In the past I tied the awning down with the springs as a dampener, never a problem. Can I do that with this one ? It's a 21' carefree but after reading some of the issues I have to worry about, I'm missing my 5th wheel more and more.
I wouldn't tie this one down. We've had manual awnings that we could just tighten down, add de-flappers, and could ride out a tropical storm. Our current power awning is not nearly as stable. We did make a 3 position adjustment to allow for rain runoff on the back side and that helps, but we bring it in for windy conditions or when away for the day. Search the forums for how to make that adjustment. You can leave it that way and it will still operate.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum