Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Awning broken
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 05:45 PM   #17
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
I'm really surprised by this. Generally I put my awning in as soon as it starts raining.

I have left it out in some pretty heavy rains and never had any damage done to the arms. I do have my awning adjusted with a pretty good tilt to the rear front corner so no water ever pools on the awning.

Included is a picture showing how to adjust the tilt. Look at the arm going from the upper left to lower right in the picture. Just below where the hinge point is in the center of the arm you can see 6 holes, with the bottom hole having a silver circle. That circle is a round pin (like on folding table legs) you push in and slide the mechanism up and down to put the pin in any of the 6 holes. The rear awning rail also has the same series of 6 holes and round pin in the same spot on the rear rails. So maximum tilt to the rear front corner would have the pin in the rear rail lowest hole and the pin in the front rail in the highest hole. The awning can be retracted with the pins in any of thee holes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Awning Adjustment.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	6514  
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.