Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #4
mikensallyt

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger/37ND
State: Texas
THOR #1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Most of the extended warranties are not offered through Thor but are offered through a third party. You may want to conduct some research to determine the track record of the third party regarding claims etc.. and to determine if the warranty is honored at multiple service centers or only the dealer selling the extended coverage.

Also, if you purchase a 5 year extended warranty and then trade the unit in, or sell it, before the expiration of the contract, you may be entitled to a refund for the unused portion. For some warranties, however, you have to provide proof that you no longer own the coach and the refund request must be processed through the dealer that sold you the rig covered by the warranty. This also applies to some other plans such as Road Hazard on tires etc...
Too late on checking the companies out. lol. I'm learning. I guess the selling dealership will still honor the extended warranty if its their shop doing the work.

OMG, does that mean when the warranty is about to expire that I/we will get many emails and/or phone calls to accept their offers to buy their product? /Mikey
2015 Thor Challenger 37ND
mikensallyt is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.