Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
Miamiboy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Florida
THOR #5476
Miami, FL to Crosville, TN

Took Palazzo Vigil out of state for the first time......excellent trip. I seem to always learn a few little things that make life easier and also end up with new questions.
First note to self is never drive through Atlanta, Ga. on I-75 at night again. This qualifies as an e ticket ride.....talk about white knuckles! This was my co-pilot's fault.
Stopped at a place in Calhoun GA off of I-75; A-OK Campsite. Basic place, easy to find and excellent for an over nighter.
Deer Run in Crossville, TN is an incredible place. Very picturesque, wonderful place to walk around and very friendly folks. I suspect that this place when the leaves are turning is probably some of God's best work. Highly recommend this place for a longer type stay.
We boondocked in a Cracker Barrel outside of Nashville and also visited a True glamping sight in Pensacola Beach. The glamping sight was exactly that.....everything and anything you need was right there.
The reason for our trip....the eclipse....was nothing short of spectacular. I have a son whose major in school is astrophysics/astronomy so, a trip was mandated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0467.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	6540

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0469.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	6541

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum