Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Awning broken
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 03:59 PM   #31
Druff

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2019 Coachman Catalina
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5432
It is pointless to have an awning that puts itself away when it starts raining, then you have to put everything else away or it is going to get wet. To me some of the nicest days are sitting under the awning and watching it rain.

I made a brackets and mounted them to the bottom of the camper to attach ropes to tie down the awning. I use an easy strap (it has two loops on it and you wrap it around the bar at the top and through itself) then hook a carabineer on each end of the ropes with a slide bar on one end like a tent. You can set one end high and the other end low in case it rains. I have done this for years without a problem as our 5th wheel had the same power awning.

They call this progress the old manual awnings you could do this with the slide bars and wing bolts. The dealers like to show off though how everything is power now and you think it is better when your buying it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1367.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	6548  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum