Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 07:40 PM   #8
RobbieH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1532
I can't see anything else they can do to fix my problem other than retrofit, and even then I won't be holding my breath that it is fixed. That is why I am taking the steps I am.

I talked to my dealer yesterday. He said if I were to schedule a time to take it in for this round, it would be April 21st at the very soonest before I can deliver it. That's a 5 week wait before I can even take it in for them to look at. Last time I had to wait for a month to take it, then it sat there a month because they were too booked up, then it took another month for them to fix it. The total time from when it broke (the last time) for them to fix it was 98 days. I'm not going to sit around for almost 100 days every time I take it on a trip, just to have it break again and have to go through the whole thing all over. At that rate, 3 breaks a year will leave me almost no time to use it. It's a joke, and not a funny one.

Of the first 11 months of ownership, it spent a total of 172 days broken. Of course they don't offer loaners, so trips are cancelled or missed. No loaners works out in my favor in Texas though, if they had loaned me another RV, I could not file lemon law.

To take it to the shop is a 120 mile round trip, and usually we have to take off work to run it down there. My wife is a contractor, so she simply doesn't get paid while we spend 3 hours taking it in, then another 3 hours to go pick it up.

This amount of downtime and inconvenience is simply unacceptable.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum