Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 11:31 AM   #18
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
NO! Never drive with flashers on. Not only is it illegal in most states it removes your ability to use your turn signals and may delay your brake light indication to the driver behind you.
A couple years ago I would have been in the "never use your flashers" camp also. When pulling fivers with diesels I generally went up the grades at 60 and came down the same with exhaust braking taking over. With these V-10's it is a different animal.

We encountered a bunch of grades during our 4 months on the road this summer. There are many distracted drivers out there running up and down those grades at 80mph plus. Now here I come along with my struggling V-10 going up one at 40mph and without flashers on you could have some close calls. This is the only time I EVER use my flashers. As a retired Trooper I can assure you a large vehicle moving under 45mph on the interstate will never be ticketed for this.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.