Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #4
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
After you park, and with the engine still running, use the automatic level BEFORE putting your slide out, this way you have a stable platform that will help prevent the slide from binding. My normal procedure is park, level, attach power cord, sewer, then extend slide. Doing the hookups before extending the slide helps avoid knots on your head and makes access to the storage compartments easier. My water hooks to my slide so I do that after extending the slide but I get the hose out of storage while the slide is still in.

The auto level usually works fairly well, sometimes the zero point needs to be reset if it is very far off. You can check your level by putting a bubble level in the bottom of the freezer, your fridge is what needs to be the most level side to side and front to back.

You probably won't need the lego blocks or the wood blocks. I suggest you look at buying a set of Snap Pads, install once and never have to carry blocks again. Many of the members here have purchased the Snap Pads and love them, myself included. No more messing with blocks in the rain or standing on my head in the dark.

Ask questions anytime, everyone starts out as a rookie with a lack of knowledge, everyone!!! I've been doing this a long time and still have questions! Hope you have a Great time and a lot of FUN!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum