Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 12:45 PM   #6
jpmihalk

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcarter View Post
Is that the Texas Hill Country? Just what I think of when thinking Hill Country. Hope you like you coach we almost got one but ended up with a Hurricane 35C. We will be wintering in CT because of work everyone says the electric little heaters work well and save energy but my worry is I'll have to run propane heater to keep bays warm..
Going to be an interesting winter.
We have a 35C and stayed in Buffalo last year for a couple of weeks in December (will be doing it again this year as well, Bills season tickets) with no issues. The little electric space heaters work wonders and yes, the tanks had no problems in freezing temps. Keep in mind that the water tank is under the bed, enclosed. The black and gray tanks aren't so much of an issue. The rear black and gray tanks seem to be most likely to freeze due to their location.

If you are going to be connected, make sure you keep the water connection insulated and/or warmed... otherwise if that freezes, you may have bigger problems. We used lots of bottled water for most cooking and cleaning, and only used tank water for showers. Cold weather is also when I appreciate the 110V water heater option... saves on the LP so it can be used for the furnace.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.