Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 02:52 PM   #15
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I'm in the "it will be fine" camp...
there is a factor to consider though....

The whole thing about operating it out of level is about increased boiler temperature. When the ammonia can't run back down into the boiler to complete the cycle the temps go up. The fridge sitting off level can prevent the return of ammonia.

So, when the temps go up it destroys the chemicals inside the thing that protect against internal corrosion. Corrosion can mean eventual leaks...and potential fire.

When driving up hill it's off level....so the boiler temps can increase theoretically to danger levels. Appearently it doesn't take long.

I have a controller installed on mine that monitors the temp and shuts it down till it cools. Sadly I was having electrical noise interference and it wasn't working properly for a while and I didn't know it, but I recently upgraded my unit and relocated the controller to inside the coach so I can keep an eye on it. I wish I had mounted the previous one inside so that i had better info re. what sort of temp increases I have experienced real world from driving up and down mountains.... As of now I really don't know...

I've heard some folks theorize that while driving sitting off level may not be the same as parking off level since the motions help the fluids to run back down into the boiler.... I don't know..seems plausible....maybe....

More info than you probably ever wanted to know about these fridges can be found here
https://www.arprv.com/
I'm not affiliated with this outfit...just a customer. I will say that Paul the owner is very responsive and helpful.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum