Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
LockChuck92

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Kentucky
THOR #8259
Newbie Shore Power Question

Quick question from a newbie. My rig has 50amp service, and the campsite at which we are staying has 30amp service. I know you must monitor amps, watts, and volts (as best you can) in this scenario. When y'all have this situation, do you run the water heater and fridge on propane full time to free up more electricity for the rest of the coach? Is using propane even a good idea for the next three days? And finally, during the pdi we fired up the water heater on propane, and it was extremely hot. Is there a way to adjust the temperature that you know of on the ACE water heater? Hope these don't sound like a stupid questions...don't want to scald the wife and kids! We're going on our first trip this weekend! Thanks everyone!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum