Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Winnebago
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 12:44 AM   #1
petew

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Winnebago

Went to an rv show recently and spoke with the salesman that sold us our Vegas, he sells Thor and Winnebago at his dealership.
We were discussing Winnebago vs Thor products. He made a statement about how nicely the new Winnebago class A's drove .
Specifically we were talking about the Thor Ace vs the Winnebago Vista.

Today My wife and I went to look at and drive a 2018 Winnebago Vista 27PE.

The fit and finish was very nice , a few less features than the Ace but much higher quality in some areas . Then I took it out for a drive.
It was brand new no fresh alignment according to the salesman and I observed that the steering wheel was off center.
Took it up on the highway and ran 65-70mph for about 10 miles , it was solid as a rock .

I was driving with one hand on the wheel , no wander and none of the flex that I noticed with my Vegas prior to adding the Sumo Springs , in fact it felt as good as my Vegas does with the Sumos and the Safety Plus .

I have to say I was impressed. Is this the same F53 chassis that everyone complains about ?
It also had 3 very nice tv sets with QAM tuners in them.

We may be jumping ship and leaving the Thor family

Not sure yet but considering.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum