Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #1
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Need help creating PDI checklist for ACE 30.3

Ok, looks like I will be picking my 2018 ACE 30.3 from MHSRV the week of the 18th, assuming it's delivered in the next 10 days or so.

I've read through Ed Felker's incredible Axis/Vegas manual, and with some modifications, will rely heavily on this PDI checklist. I originally planned to get a Vegas 25.3 but decided it was too small for two of us and two large poodles.

Ed does a really good job covering very thoroughly the basics, but reading through here on some very specific problems at PDI or very early failures, like house batteries being charged at too high a rate, I'm hoping that those of you that have gone through this and had PDI or early failures can help me list out the critical systems that I should be checking out.

As mentioned, Ed's manual takes a test everything approach. Cook on stove. Fill fresh water tank 1/3 full and test water pump. Test with city water. Dump tanks. Make sure Y swivels. Check all cabinets and drawers. Etc.

Some of the stuff I'm adding to a separate list that aren't listed in Ed's (mostly due to Axis/Vegas not having things like inverters and levelers):
  1. Check battery charging voltage on Shore, generator and chassis engine running (what is proper voltage, how do you test this with multimeter).
  2. Check to insure all outlets that should be on the inverter, are on the inverter by testing not connected to shore or having the engine/generator running (not sure if inverter needs to be turned on)
  3. Check that the leveling system
  4. Insure that the black tank flush actually flushes tank and not undersid of coach (reports of them not hooked up).
  5. Check to make sure shower drains properly and doesn't leak underneath shower (I think I can pull out dog feeding track to check and not wait for water to migrate)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum