Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Angry at THOR
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #7
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
I can only speak from personal experience. I have 18 years experience with another class A coach (188,000 miles), so I am not new at this. My dealer, MHSRV, presented me with a two page, 205 item dealer prep checklist listing the things they had checked and corrected. Both the water and propane systems needed some work. At the factory, I learned that Thor does not check these systems because of winterizing the coach for delivery and explosion potential in the factory where the inspection stations are located (they are leak checked with air). MHSRV strongly suggested we spend 24 hours in our new coach before we left the dealership which we did. This stay did not involve dumping or city pressure water on the coach. At the morning debrief with the salesman and maintenance tech who spent two hours familiarizing us with the coach the day before, I requested we go dump and pressurize the water system. The maintenance tech road with us to the dump station and watched me exercise everything. I asked if we could spend another night in the delivery area as I wanted to get an early start home (635 miles) which was granted. Everything has worked as it should on the coach for the 19 months years (176 nights), we have owned the coach.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum