Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 09:11 PM   #1
nosticks

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
Angry 2017 29fe Trim missing sealant

Today as I washed the MH, I was spraying it down with a normal hose, actually the pressure gauge says 45 psi, I directed a stream at the running board. There is a small piece of trim about 15" or so at the back of the running board on the coach itself. It is bottom trim, screwed in from underneath. The hose blew it completely off.

Now I start checking and the screws rusted off. That was bad enough, but there was not a drop of sealant on the trim. Looking closer, the wood sandwich layer between the skin and backside was soaked and has began to rot. This gets better. Checking the other side, it too was loose and no sealant. I will fix it myself by infusing wet epoxy into the layer from the rear, then reattaching both sides of trim with the proper sealant.

My conclusion is simple. The technician on the line didn't really care. It must be a sin to stop the line to reload the sealant gun. He got it out the door and will be sold to some dimwit and kept his job. By the time the problem shows up, it should be out of warranty. Only in my case, it's just a few months old. This is the kind of quality control that helps Thor to earn their reputation.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.