Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 12:18 AM   #2121
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makerofsawdust View Post
I have seven wires connected to the original thermostat. Four wires in jacket (red, yellow, green and blue), and three separate wires (white, white w/red stripe and red w/white stripe).
I bought the identical thermostat shown, all I need is the four wires shown in the diagram? Where do all the remaining wires go? Does it have something to do with the new one being battery powered?
Thanks

It looks like those wires are all below the thermostat. They look like the thermostat wires and maybe something else. Dont know what they go to or their uses. It appears the extra wire may go to another devise. In your first pic looks like you took off the top portion of the thermostat. My suggestion is to follow the wires that are on the thermostat. Then compare to the wiring code I posted. Hopefully it will line up.

If they are different, color wise, my guess is Thor run out of the color wire needed and used what was on hand. The thermostat wires will be labeled on the controller. Again just follow the wire code. Only four wires are needed.

Take the extra wires and taped them individually so they cant make connection and put them in the wall behind the thermostat so they can be retrieved later if needed.

If youre not comfortable cutting the wires and experimenting do some more research. Good luck

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum